Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

It started off shortly after Thanksgiving with the arrival of our Elf on a Shelf, Hoodie Tree Tree.  Katelyn wanted to make sure he felt welcome and had a comfortable home within our home so she built him his own apartment.  Complete with bed, living room, deck, bathroom and gingerbread friend.
The tree came later and was lovely.

 We continued the tradition of chocolate milkshakes in front of the tree. 

Dad likes this tradition too.  (as do I!) 

Matt really likes it.

After a few weeks, the big day arrived and Santa came!!  Note how our tree looks a little different from this angle.  hehe.  And all the gifts!  Wow.  We are blessed.

Katelyn was up at 6 am sharp.  Daddy made her wait to open presents.  She was more patient than I expected.  I wanted to let them tear right into them all.

We ate some cinnamon rolls before present opening time.  Matt liked those too.

And eventually, the opening (chaos) began. 


We had a great weekend.  Grandma and Grandpa Crumrine and Grandma Linda were there for the grand opening.  Grandpa Steve and Abi Dorothea stopped by later in the day too.  It was a great Christmas. 

Just one fun memory:  I was up at 5:45 b/c I knew the kids would be up soon.  I hadn't turned on any lights yet, but I saw K come to the top of the stairs.  She looked stopped, then rushed 1/2 way down.  I said "hi."  She turned and said, "I have to get Matt!!"  She ran back up and woke him up excitedly and loudly (and thus woke everyone else up too.)  Matt had to take a nap at 9:30 am. 

We're watching The Christmas Story now and they are both looking very sleepy.  I hope they'll sleep in until 6:30 tomorrow.  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Morgan's Mommy said...

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like a great day!