Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cols. Zoo with the California Irwins

Two weeks ago, Uncle Daniel, Aunt Angela and Cousin Morgan came from their home in Fresno, California to visit.. Before heading to Indiana to see the rest of the Irwins, they were kind enough to spend a couple days in Columbus. We knew they liked zoos, so we took them to see Columbus' zoo. Unfortunately, the Columbus zoo doesn't have their favorite animal, giraffes. Morgan didn't seem to mind.
Morgan and Matthew shared the double stroller and were excited to head on in. Angela pushed this most of the time and fielded at least three inquiries of, "Are they twins?" She answered with a smile, "no, cousins." I think people just wanted to know if two babies of such different sizes could be twins. Nope, just cousins! If you're wondering, this is what a 7 pound weight difference looks like. Both rank as normal, just in different percentages. I have no concern that Morgan will jump percentages soon...don't get between her and her sweet potatoes!
This bright orange baby Silvery Langur monkey was born Aug. 7.
Katelyn requested that Uncle Daniel ride the carousel with her.
Like most of our trips to the zoo, it ended with naps.
Thanks again for coming to visit!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

So cute! I'm not surprised that people asked if they were twins! That had to have been such a fun day spending it together! Wish I could have joined you!

Morgan's Mommy said...

These are great pictures! We had a great time! Thanks again!