Katelyn enjoyed this polar bear.
Katelyn wanted to go see the kangaroos first, but I think it's b/c she remembered that you have to go past the carousal to get there. She loved it.
I thought Matthew would like it more. He made a good try but ended the trip in daddy's arms.
He was most interested in the non-wildlife...like this bird under the bush.
There's a koala somewhere in the picture below. It was awake and eating, which is very unusual to see since they sleep 23 hours a day. It was neat, but wasted on Katelyn. She was more interested in inching along the little edge that held the glass into the concrete. I'm keeping her from getting stitches.
Chris also took pictures of the Flying Fox bats. I'm very happy this species didn't roost in our attic when I was a kid!
Avid readers (with really good memories) may remember Chris and Katelyn staying in line to see the new baby elephant last year. That didn't go so well, but finally here is a picture of Beco.
And like most trips to the zoo, the end.


3 comments:
Those bats REALLY creep me out! It's probably my least favorite things at your zoo. ;)
Looks like a wonderful family outing!
Liking the polar bear is probably a genetic thing.
Post a Comment