Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cake Pops

Aunt Kelly is helping plan and conduct Katelyn's princess tea party birthday event.  (There will be more on that as it gets closer, I'm sure!)  She suggested I try cake pops.  I read the recipe and thought, "easy, I can do that."  And I did.  I dyed a few pink b/c someone we know thinks everything is better in pink.
Then I dipped them in the white chocolate and started to get really disappointed in the results.  They were too flat on the bottom for my liking and the chocolate wouldn't stay the right consistency.  It was either too thin and you could see cake through it or it was too thick and looked lumpy.
The next night I tried dipping them in frosting.  That wasn't very successful either. 
And then the sticks fell out one bite in.  Katelyn didn't mind and thought they were yummy, but I wasn't even impressed with the taste feeling it had too much of a processed flavor.  Cake from a box, frosting from a can...I can't say I'm surprised.
Experiment complete and I probably won't repeat it.  Next try is frosted sugar cookies shaped like flowers.

 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You know I'm totally going to have to make some of these now, right? ;)

Sorry they didn't work out for you. I think the sugar cookies will be great!

Morgan's Mommy said...

I've thought about cake pops for Morgan's last two birthdays but was never brave enough to try so good for you for at least trying! If you want birthday ideas, let me know because I LOVE doing this kind of stuff. Let's just say I already know what Morgan's theme and invitations are going to be for her third birthday that is still 8 months away! LOL!