Monday, April 11, 2011

Lazy Sunday's the Irwin Way

Chillin'. 
Matt likes to watch TV, but likes it even better when he can sit on someone's lap.  Two of his new phrases are, "Wa TV." and "aaaap"  He'll follow me around (when the TV is on) asking "aaaap, aaaaap."  Then he'll just give up and take my hand, pull me over to the couch so I can sit down and procure the lap he wants.  Super cute and I give in pretty easily.  I'll be sad when this phase ends. 

Sunday morning and she's already in full princess gear.  She studied these two pages for a long time.  They are the ones dedicated to princess stuff in the birthday gear magazine
Princess stuff makes her happy.
Dad's 'lazy' Sunday was spent getting the garden ready.  It's right outside this window so we could monitor his progress.
But then we had to go help.  Planting snap peas.

Planting lettuce.














We found a bird's egg that had fallen out of a nest.  K took it over to show Dad and placed it carefully on the ground.  About 5 minutes later as she was running past it, she stopped and STOMPED it flat.  Funny how careful she was juxtaposed next to the flattened egg.
Playing with K's new umbrella - Ariel of course.  (No, it wasn't raining.)

Matt waiting not so patiently for lunch.
And it doesn't seem like a weekend anymore unless Chris yanks out a tree or shrub.  This one put up a good fight, but I'm sure you can guess who ultimately won.

No comments: