Aug 23, 2011 - Katelyn's first day of kindergarden.
She had time to play with her princess Barbie's before heading to daycare. And wanted a picture with them, of course
The classic front porch picture...I even got the house numbers in there. (Thanks for the reminder Grandpa C!)
Chris and I were both tied up at work, so I passed the camera to the directors at school and they took pictures for us. They take her and pick her up. My daily routine doesn't change much. I still drop them off at the same time and pick them up as soon as I can get out of the office.
Off they go!
The son of a friend at work is in K's class and she was kind enough to check on Katelyn for me. She said Katelyn was doing great and was 'unphased.' : ) She took and sent this picture to me.
This day was also Chris and my anniversary. Eight excellent years. (Anniversary of my mom and dad too, but they're at fabulous 43.) This one was unique b/c we shared the day with K's special day, I had a 10 hour meeting, Chris took the kids to dinner but I was able to catch them about 3/4 of the way through. Our neighbor made cookies for Katelyn for her first day so that was a fun surprise when we got home (plus they were awesome!).
Details from Katelyn on her first day were sketchy, but the general sentiment was that she liked it. A teacher from daycare said she sprinted off the bus and gave her a big hug. After some question and answer (i.e. trying to drag details out of a 5 yr old) the teacher said 'so it was sorta likd goddard?' Katelyn said, "yea." She's probably a little over prepared (good thing) and I can't help thinking that this kindergarden thing is more like a daily field trip for her.
Love the kid. : )


1 comment:
Looks like a great beginning. I love the school bus from Goddard. It is like one big family of kids off to school each day. Being close to home, school, and daycare has its benefits.
Katelyn makes an awesome kindergartner!
Post a Comment