Monday, January 9, 2012

Basement Sort

What I did this weekend:  Sorted all the too small kids clothes that had accumulated in boxes and bags in our basement storage area over the past 5 1/2 years.  (I would not recommend waiting this long to sort.)

First I hauled it all out of the storage room and into the main area.  I couldn't even get it all in one picture, so there's even more than you see here.

By Saturday evening, my 'helper' was doing what I wanted to be doing. 


But I got this far Saturday night.  The girl clothes in 3 tubs neatly sorted and labled. (Much less girl stuff b/c I had passed a lot onto a friend already.) I had also made a good dent into the boy stuff.  I only had 5 boxes left to sort on Sunday and then just pack it up again.

I got to this stage at 11am Sunday.  8 hours after starting.  I was feeling pretty good (and proud) of my work.

Then, I found this....
 ARGH!!!!

So not happy about that find.  I thought it was filled with toys.  It wasn't.

At least my helpers had returned by that time to provide some distraction.
Doesn't he look so big here?  I also think he looks like his cousin Grayson.  Maybe b/c he's wearing all of Grayson's old clothes in that pic!  4T jeans that don't even need to be cuffed.  Stop growing already!

(Can't get Matt's pics to rotate...sorry.)

Katelyn found a box of Halloween costumes a friend gave us.  This was just one of many fairy variations.


And FINALLY, I'm done.  The new, expanded box pile.  
 I cleared off at least 25 feet of shelf space.  I'm letting Chris put these back though.  I don't want to see these kids clothes for a long, long time. 

Time to do laundry! 
(Yes, please catch the sarcasam in that.  4 loads clean but not folded...I can't do everything, you know.)

And make dinner!
(Cranberry dijon pork chops with sweet potatoes and green beans plus enchiladas and meatballs prepped and waiting in the freezer for dinners later in the week.)

I can't wait to go back to work.

3 comments:

Morgan's Mommy said...

You're amazing Laura! Wish I had your energy!

Kelly said...

Way to go! Bet that felt good.

Any 4T dresses in those boxes?? ;)

Grandpa and Abi said...

When I first saw the side ways picture of Matt, I did think it was Grayson!

Looks like everyone helped!