Chris spent most of last Friday and all weekend working on fixing a drainage problem we had. He originally thought it was the sump pump pipe, but he found it was a problem with the down spouts and the underground drain pipes they fed into. So, when I say he spent three days working on a drainage problem, it really means he spent most of three days digging holes. The picture below shows the hole from Friday, but it doesn't show how big it is very well. Katelyn couldn't climb out.

This is another, much bigger hole as of Saturday afternoon. It wouldn't fit in one picture, so I had to take a video.

The kids and I stayed out of the way as much as possible although Katelyn 'helped' off and on. She's in the passenger seat helping Dad pull out one of two stumps that were in the way.

After he replaced the full length of pipe, he finally got to fill in the hole. Next weekend - landscaping! Actually, I am encouraging him to take a break and it might happen just because the forecast calls for rain. And yes, I was especially nice to him over the weekend and gave him a back rub Sunday night. It was the least I could do.
Ironically, this was also the same weekend Katelyn decided she wanted to go swimming in the basement - the exact thing Chris was trying to prevent.
The lifeguard?
1 comment:
that's not a hole...that's a TRENCH!!! Chris deserves a medal of honor :)
Post a Comment