Monday, August 16, 2010

Matthew's Talking



As we all expected, Matthew has started to talk. He's been expanding his vocabulary for some time. Before I forget, I want to document that his second word was "elbow." That has to be a bit unusual.
Ball was the first, of course. His first two word sentence was, 'Ma ball!' (Mine) I suppose Mama was in there somewhere too. He's now saying ni ni (night night), eye, Dada and babbeling like crazy. I forgot how frustrating it is for everyone when he's trying to tell us what he wants and we can't understand. A lot of us showing him thing and him saying yes or no. Well, actually, he just says no. Haven't heard Yes or a nod yet. It's something new every day!
Another funny thing he's doing is asking 'up' which gets me to pick him up. Then he pushes my shoulders so he's on my left hip, point his left finger out and says, 'go!' I feel like his horse, but I can't help but indulge. He's guided me through the whole house until we get where he wants to go...outside, the fridge for water or most usually, the paci drawer.
He likes to practice safe dining practices too. : )

1 comment:

Morgan's Mommy said...

Glad to see you still do the pacifier too! Morgan only gets hers when she sleeps. Daniel keeps talking about taking it from her but I don't think I'M ready :)