Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sand, Bubbles, Dancing, Driving & Fishing Worms

We went to visit my parents this past weekend and it was fun filled. Grandma C. had sand to play in. Note they each had their own pan and their own sand. They eventually mixed it all together and fought about who had what spoon, but it took a while. Matt dumped sand on Katelyn's head and she ended up needing a full shower afterward to get 'de-sanded.' It was worth it and she didn't mind at all (the water shower...she didn't like the sand shower.)

Grandma had my coffee ready and I actually got to sit and enjoy it.

We played with bubbles too.

And balls. (I have a cone on my head. That's what Matthew is looking at.)


The neighbor let us use his swing set, but more importantly, he let the kids drive his John Deere. Matthew got to drive it by himself eventually too. I don't have a picture, but he had a BIG smile the whole time. From the pic below, it seems his sister's driving made him nervous.

Katelyn got to go square dancing with Grandma and Grandpa.

Grandma caught her mid-spin.

Sunday morning Kaetlyn and Grandpa went fishing. Matt went rock throwing with supervision from Mom and Grandma.

Katelyn was not afraid of the worms this time.
Not at all! (warning: the following video contains footage that may be disturbing to some viewers.)
Yes, she tore it in half! You're supposed to pinch it, but she has her own method!

2 comments:

Morgan's Mommy said...

Looks like a great weekend! Katelyn is braver than I. I HATE worms! Good job Katelyn! I'm impressed!

Grandma said...

Okay, now that I'm done gagging over the worm video, I can comment. Now I know if I ever go fishing who to take to bait the hook for me! I like that she's adventurous!
Love Matt's new haircut. He really does look older! How nice that he sat still for his first haircut!