Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010 Part 3

Katelyn built this "castle" and plays sleeping beauty.  Matt decided to take the throne.  He had pointed to her and just said "uh oh!" when I took the picture.  Yup, under yet another poison apple sleeping spell.
This turned into a busy, productive day.  With a lot of planning, a little bickering, luck with long naps and the movie Cars, Chris was able to paint the laundry room in the afternoon and I painted the half bath after dinner.  Yes, we're proud of ourselves.  And they look sooo much better. 
The laundry is a cool gray blue.  The half bath is called Bittersweet Stem, but it looks tan.  Chris thinks it looks like the rest of our house.  I think that's fine b/c I like the rest of our house, but I hated that gold orange bathroom!
Then some strange organization bug bit me and I fix that laundry room closet issue.  We have a ton of storage in this house, but that wasn't working.  I cleared out a lot of it, got some stuff off the floor and it's much, much better.  I took an idea from Grandpa Steve's pantry and labeled the new rag drawer below the dryer.  
I even put in one of those battery operated lights so you have half a chance of finding matching mittens.

1 comment:

Morgan's Mommy said...

Good for you Laura! Doesn't getting stuff like that done feel great?!