Thursday, January 27, 2011

January Jumble Part II

HI!
 Katelyn decided she wanted to go outside Saturday.  Um, okay.  I helped her get dressed and expected her to come in after 5 minutes.  She went to see if Dad wanted to go out too. 
 Here she is.  All ready!
 She asked if she could go to the swing set and I said yes.  Hard to see here, but she broke off an icicle and was eating it.  Then Matt wanted to go out, so I bundled him and sent him too.  Chris was good enough to go out with them.  They were out for about 30 min or more.  I hid inside and did laundry.
 Dad torments Matt with the ankle grip (accompanied by lots of giggling).
 Two is still better than one.
 She's sitting on the vent so her dress blew up.  We all found it very funny. 
 Matt does an excellent fish face.  He's watching a Little Bear catch a fish on TV.  He'll say fisssssssssssh and then make this face.  So cute!  We didn't do much sign language, but they did a little at school and things like this show it works.
 Both our children have the gene attributed to eating the center out of an Oreo first.  No fish face here.  He just licked off his finger after scraping out the filling!
 One evening after a big snow, Dad watched the kids roam outside while he shoveled.  Katelyn brought in a bowl of snow saying I was going to make something with it.  Um, really?  Luckily we had Kool Aide and thus, we had snow cones.

 Katelyn's gymnastics skills continue to improve.
(There's a video too, but I couldn't get it to upload.  I'll post it separately.)

Disney Princesses on Ice came to Columbus last weekend.  Thursday, I decided to get tickets.  I was able to get $13 seats (each) for the Sunday show.  She was sooooo excited.  It was really cold though so I told her she couldn't wear her princess outfit.  She picked this one that Grandma C. gave her for Christmas.  She added her own touches (she appeared in the hat and gloves and those leggings really do go to the ground!).  We got popcorn and a yucky snow cone that came in a Cinderella cup which made it all okay.  We were in the last row of seats, but the view was great and she LOVED it.  I was entertained too, but mainly happy b/c she was so enthralled.  She pouted all the way home b/c it was over, but it was well worth it.  She's already talking about the next time they come. 

1 comment:

Kelly said...

HaHa! LOVE K's outfit! Yea for Disney on Ice! So much fun!