Katelyn's birthday was 2 months ago. Better late than never, right!
Her official birthday was on Thursday. Grandma and Grandpa C. came down to help celebrate and brought cake. Katelyn got to pick dinner. We had pizza, carrots and cake.
Very focused on blowing out the candles.
She got princess sheets and a set of 6 Disney Princess dolls.
Saturday was the Princess Tea Party birthday celebration in the morning. Aunt Kelly helped decorate.
After her princess friends arrived, they made tiaras with stick on gemstones. They were all very focused and very good. Kelly said it was the quietest birthday party she'd ever been to. But they all wanted to finish the tiaras. And they did!
Princess friends in their tiaras with their matching wands.
Tea Party! Fruit, mini muffins and 'tea' (apple juice or pink lemonade). They loved using the little tea cups!
Katelyn designed a skirt with the princess table cloth.
Another outfit change. Aunt Kelly made this dress and the matching hairbows. Gloves courtesy of Aunt Angela. : )
Back to the mermaid costume for the second party of the day - a cookout with family. Yes, she's posing for the crowd. Whatever am I going to do with her???
She is waiting for the last of the guests here. This pose is supposed to be like Ariel in the Little Mermaid movie as she waits on the rock for Prince Eric.
Back to the other Little Mermaid / Ariel dress for cake. Our neighbor made this cake from scratch. I didn't realize how much better a fully homemade cake is until I had one.
YUMMMM!
She had to try on one of the outfits she got as a present right away. I think this was the last outfit before bedtime. I think...I lost track after the 5th costume change....She told me earlier in the week that she would have to change clothes during her party because that was how it happened in the movie. (Mermaid to dresses to mermaid to full princess style wedding dress...watch The Little Mermaid and you'll know exactly what she means.) We had a few more than that!
A super fun day for a super kid!

1 comment:
Morgan just walked into the room, looked at the picture of Katelyn and said, "Oh! What a pretty princess!"
Post a Comment