Sunday, July 24, 2011

Monday - Mt. Baldy

Monday morning we walked up Mt. Baldy, which is really a big sand dune.  At the bottom.
 Matt walked a little way on his own.
 He didn't make it too far though.  It was hard to walk through the sandy trail and I ended up carrying him with Kelly's brother Pat helping get him the rest of the way to the top.  It got steep.

At the top.

 I forgot to get a picture of the descent, but it was also steep and the sand was HOT.  I ended up carrying Matt again and getting shoes full of sand.  At least there was a nice beach at the bottom to cool off.  Katelyn and Grayson playing.  Matthew ran up and down the edge of the water, threw in more rocks and ran off to try to touch a flock of seagulls (he asked first).  He did not succeed, but he tried hard.

Grandma Linda, Aunt Janet and Cousin Jessica were visiting that day so we had a birthday party for Grayson that evening.  (His birthday was the week before.)   

No comments: