Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Monday??

Mine started at about 1:30am so it's certainly been a long one. I think it had to do with sweet potatoes. Of course Matthew scarfed them down at dinner, but I think they upset his tummy. He wasn't tooting, but he was fussy ALL night. I gave up and nursed him frequently, held him in the chair so we could both doze for awhile and even took him into the guest bedroom so I could lay down (my back was killing me). I nursed him to sleep there and we dozed off and on from 4:30 there until 5:45. He woke up as soon as I moved so I took him down with me. I'm hoping he sleeps a lot today at school. He looked pretty tired when I left him. I think his tummy feels better though b/c while getting Katelyn her breakfast he was sitting on the floor playing when all of a sudden he tipped over. When I went over to check on him, I smelled poo. I think he pooped so hard he tipped over. It had to have pretty good velocity b/c it went up to his shoulder blades. Yes, ick. 15 wipes later, he's changed and in a new outfit. I sit him on the couch to put on Katelyn's shoes and he spits up all over himself. At least he missed the couch...just got his shirt and pants completely. Another outfit. Amazing I made it to work at all.

These are the stories that don't make it in the baby books and also the ones you forget b/c otherwise no one would ever have more than 1 child. I think they are good to document though. To see how far we've come and to look back and laugh at how much mess one small child can create in less than 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Morgan's Mommy said...

Isn't it amazing the patience we learn? I can't believe you made it in to work too!

Grandpa and Abi said...

Wow, this is a sign of an awesome Mom! Not only did you get through the night, get everyone ready for school, made it to work, but you also wrote about it on your blog!