Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Third Birthday Katelyn!

Like any good birthday it should last all week. We started on Sunday by baking cupcakes.


Monday night Mommy frosted them and Katelyn did an excellent job applying sprinkles. These went to school for her friends. The remainder stayed home for Tuesday night's official birthday celebration. You'll see in the video that I switched some to chocolate frosting at the request of Dad.


Then she opened presents. Matthew liked the wrapping paper.

It was a Dora The Explorer themed birthday, including this new blanket for her bed. It replaces the Spiderman one that Matthew got for Christmas, but she's been 'borrowing' since then. And they just stayed tucked into the end of her bed. She won't let us cover her with them. She only likes to be covered with her yellow ones. She has some very, very strong opinions about certain things.

She was pretty excited about the water worm from Aunt Heidi and Uncle Tom. She and Dad tried it out the next night. Fun stuff. And, as Aunt Heidi pointed out, it doubles as a lawn sprinkler!

Aunt Heidi also started the tradition of taking a photo with her daughter, Amelia, on each of Amelia's birthday's. I thought that was a good tradition, so we started too. Sort of. We took it on Saturday, which was after her birthday, but it was the day of her party / BBQ. Honestly, I did not mean to dress us alike, but it's still a great picture.


You can't see much of the cake in this one, but it's on the table with her Dora balloon bouquet. "I'm three!"
The cake and the birthday girl.
The grand event! (attended by the Health and Safety Director because flaming hair isn't as festive as it may seem.)
I also would like to direct you to http://www.grandpaandabi.blogspot.com/ for additional pictures of the party Saturday. Thanks Abi!



No comments: