Saturday, May 9, 2009

Matthew's 6-Month Check Up

Matthew surprised the doctor by his weight gain. We knew he had a growth spurt, and the numbers confirmed it. At his 4 month check, he was in the 3rd percentile for weight. Yesterday he had jumped to the 20th! That makes him more proportional with his length which continues to track exactly along the 25th percentile line. Official stats are weight 16 pounds 2 ounces and length 26 inches.

He also took his 3 vaccine shots like a man. I was prepared to nurse him afterward, but there was no need. Don't get me wrong, he screamed when they went in, but when I picked him up he stopped. I thought he'd start up again, but he didn't. He just looked at me like, "what just happened? I didn't like it." I popped in his pacifier, strapped him in his carseat and we went home w/o another peep from him. Like I said, he took it like a man.

So, what is he up to? He has two teeth now and loves to chew on my hand. He doesn't really chew on anything else. This is mainly bad b/c it hurts. Those little chompers are sharp! He can sit up for awhile on his own and has been known to roll over although I haven't seen it yet. Otherwise, he's meeting the normal milestones and is generally a great little baby (except for continuing to wake up at 3:30 am.)

He likes to play with the really expensive toys. This is his new favorite - the crinkly package of wipes.

It's nice that he can sit up alone and play for awhile now. I think the picture surprised him in this one.
But now he's coming to get me!
He likes his sister too. He and Katelyn wait for Mom to put everything in the car before heading off to school in the morning. (No, Katelyn wouldn't let me do anything else with her hair. It was combed, it was just extra fluffy that morning.)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Holy cow! He really did have a growth spurt. He's changed so much since we last saw him. I can't wait for our visit in a couple weeks. ;)