Matthew and I got out of line so I could feed him and apparently Katelyn had a melt down once she and Dad got to the elephant house. I guess she was still hungry and didn't want to have anything to do with an elephant. Given that Dad was busy addressing this issue, there is no picture of the baby elephant. Sorry. After a PB&J sandwich, things were better.
Eventually we made it to the aquarium where she got to touch a starfish and a crab.
A spin on the carousel was a must. As usual, Katelyn didn't want it to end and was the last kid off. Fewer tears this time though. I think she is starting to understand that we will come back and she'll get to ride it again. Although, she'd still prefer to ride it again, "right now!"
Matthew kept me company while they rode.
There was even a Jack Hanna sighting. He's driving.
Katelyn got to hug the koala on our way out.
Matthew was not interested in hugging the koala.

Sunday we went to the park. Katelyn got to swing, slide and climb. She climbed everything. I was amazed at how agile she's become. A monkey in the making. Matthew got to swing a little too. I wish I had brought the camera b/c he looked soooo small in the swing. His feet didn't come through the leg holes, he just curled into the back with his head just popping over the back. It was very cute, and he liked it. He dozed off on the way back. I have a thing for sleeping babies, especially Matthew. More so recently since we've spent some sleepless nights together. He's been fighting a cold and a stuffy nose has kept him (and me) awake from 3-5 more mornings than I'd like. But he is very peaceful here.


Awwwwwww, how cute. Be honest, how many of you said it? :) Hope you all had good weekends too!

2 comments:
Love a sleeping baby! ;)
Glad you guys had such a fun family weekend!
Sounds like a busy weekend. Thanks for sharing all of the pictures.
Post a Comment