Thursday, September 9, 2010

Squam Science Center

Monday we were meeting Tom, Heidi, Amelia and Zoe for breakfast, but we had time to go to Rollins park first. We didn't have much time to play, but it was interesting to see the difference in park surroundings. Most parks in Hilliard are converted farm fields. i.e. flat w/ few if any big trees. It's different in NH!

Dad and a cooperative Katelyn pose for a picture.

Checking out some of those tall trees.

I finally met Zoe at breakfast and proceeded to scare the crap out of her, literally. I'm a mom, I knew what she was doing. I just didn't expect that much. Heidi had mentioned that she's an every three days type of kid, so I can't say I was overly surprised when it turned into a blowout that got me more messy than her. In another lucky situation, we had all our luggage in the car, so I just changed. A nice hello and a smile would have been fine. I didn't need to be 'baptized.' She's still cute and loveable. : )

We made it to the Squam Science Center and got to see mountain lions up close.


Moose too!

(No, it's not real.)
Dear in their natural surroundings (as opposed to dear in suburban back yards like at home).


There were lots of fun, interactive exhibits to play on and in. We lost Katelyn a few times.

That evening we went out to Tom's for a great dinner of kebobs, corn, roasted potatoes and salad. We forgot the camera (I promise we get better as this trip goes on). Hop on over to crumthekid(s) for a sneak peak.
More later!

1 comment:

Grandpa and Abi said...

Looks like you are having a great time!