Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wednesday - Seacoast Science Center

Tuesday actually continued after the beach with checking into Homewood Suites in Dover, NH and being treated to its reception which included mac & cheese, fried chicken, salad and mixed veggies. Of course, the kids just picked at it, but I appreciated being surprised with dinner as I was getting tired of procuring something the kids might eat at every meal. It mostly involved stuff I had brought with us. After we got cleaned up (de-sanded), Chris put Matt to bed, and I let Katelyn stay up at watch Tinkerbell on TV. I had packed popcorn so she had a fun movie night too...and I got through 2 days of work emails. yea.



Wednesday we decided to head down to the Seacoast Science Center near Rye, NH. It was on the seacoast (duh) and had hands on exhibits with a touch tank tide water area. We thought it would be fun. Here's how excited the kids were upon our arrival.



It was a neat center, but I'd say it was geared to 1 to 2 years above Katelyn and the hands on exhibits weren't 2 year old proof. He explored a lot of things by picking it up, looking at it and returning it to the floor. He did enjoy taking all the shells out of the touch tank. sigh. So I had to remove him from that area with lots of screaming and crying. Katelyn ended her visit by not looking at the cool fish or neat blue lobster but with lots of whining and crying. We went outside and I got a few pics of the seacoast.







Then I realized that Ms. Veronica had been left inside the center. More, louder screaming and crying. Ms. Veronica was rescued, there was a small potty incident and I decided it was time to return to the hotel to regroup.

After more whining, screaming, shrieking, tossing, turning and various other stall tactics, everyone got a nap. Of course, they didn't want to wake up. Matt had some awesome bed head.


I felt this nap was important given the stellar attitudes they had in the morning. We were meeting Tom, Heidi and family for dinner in Portsmouth so didn't want that kind of show at the restaurant. They were still rambunctious at dinner, but no screaming or whining!




No comments: