Sunday, September 5, 2010

We're Off!


The kids are in there somewhere too.

We made good time until we hit Cleveland and the biggest traffic jam any of us had ever been in. We crept along for TWO HOURS! Argh! Luckily I had packed snacks and lunch and beverages and we had just stopped for a potty break. We managed okay, but it made for a very long day in the car. I had estimated 7 hours tops with a leisurly stop for lunch, but it ended up being 9.5 w/ only quick stops. We stopped for the night in Waterloo, NY. We had a nice 2 room suite with views of the pool. Katelyn was very disappointed we didn't have time to go swimming. I was too b/c the pool had a big area that was only 2 feet deep. The kids would have loved it.

After Pack Mule Dad lugged everything in, he went in search of pizza for dinner. He was successful. We ate and relaxed for awhile.

I reserved this suite thinking we'd get there earlier and be able to put the kids down in one room and give Chris and me an hour or two to hang out. Not so. We all went to bed at the same time. Katelyn insisted on moving her air mattress into the bedroom, and Matthew would have no part of sleeping in that crib in the other room. Luckily the one bed was a king so we plunked him in the middle and got some sleep. Right on cue, he was up at 6 am.

First order of buisness for the next day will be to cancel all the other reservations for suites!

1 comment:

Morgan's Mommy said...

I can't believe that's all you packed! I'm impressed and hope Daniel doesn't see this blog! I'd love to see the adventures you guys have on your vacation so keep the blogs coming :)